Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Assistant Controller is responsible for delivering financial expertise for the Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain business in North America. The Assistant Controller will partner with commercial and functional teams to manage the integrity of financial data and financial statements, and ensure our assets are appropriately safeguarded. This role will execute commodity P&L and financial analysis to explain business performance to multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization. In this role, you will implement and manage controls across a business segment for financial control, compliance, and risk management.
- Design and deliver effective financial reporting, including defining relevant business performance indicators and ensuring technical compliance
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to classify and record financial transactions and prepare financial reports.
- Partner with business and Finance teams to design and implement controlled processes.
- Prepare commodity P&L analysis and explain business performance drivers
- Assess and communicate information regarding business risks with functions across the organization.
- Estimate the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss.
- Identify and implement process simplification, standardization and automatization of financial and risk reporting to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build trust with partners at multiple levels in the organization.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Accounting degree or professional accounting designation
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience using accounting technology applications.
- Proven advanced data analytical skills
- Experience with ERP systems SAP, Tableau, Power BI.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.