Buyer, Contract Manufacturing
As McCain plans to innovate and grow, the contract manufacturing procurement team will be developing to play a key role in support of expansion plans. This team facilitates the business needs for new product development and incremental capacity by working with suppliers who produce finished good products for McCain to delight our consumers.
This role is responsible for commodity analysis to support McCain North America Contract Manufacturing Procurement. This includes but is not limited to market and industry dynamics, supplier research and evaluations, supply chain risk, spend and price variances as well as setup and maintenance in the system. In addition, the role will also collaborate with marketing and R&D on innovation projects. The scope of this position incudes category strategy execution, ongoing category management, contract negotiations and supplier relationship development and management.
The individual will develop an in-depth knowledge of contract manufacturing and will manage multiple internal and external organizational relationships. They will support the supplier relationship strategy, ensuring proper commercial treatment of suppliers by reinforcing policy, ethics and our strategic approach with suppliers and with other company departments.
- Drive cost focused strategy for the contract manufacturing spend area.
- Contribute and lead execution of sourcing plans for delivery of best value spend.
- Deliver on Sustainable Cost Advantage program.
- Support supplier relationship program for the relative market to deliver value for McCain Foods.
- Ensure company purchases in the spend pool comply with company internal control requirements.
- Assist with the innovation pipeline of new product development/launches through identification of and collaboration with suppliers.
- Build effective relationship with McCain cross functional teams such as marketing, R&D, supply chain, legal, and finance to deliver initiatives and savings.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Finance
- 1 to 2 years procurement experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in SAP or Coupa Source to Contract/Source to Pay systems is an asset
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods industry is an asset
- Energetic, results-oriented, and driven individual
- Effective communication skills