Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Customer Service Representative (6 month term), will support a moderate scale of customer service activities for a single site team. In this role, you will contribute to optimizing and monitoring shipping and returns, including processing complex orders from customers and resolving order or delivery issues.
- Maintain systems and relationships that meet customer demand forecast, as well as other databases related to shipments and inventory management.
- Inform customers about order status, invoices, contract balances and other information needed to complete the sale.
- Execute customer service strategies.
- Provide support to improvement projects and commitments requiring a basic understanding of customer service practices and procedures.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (agriculture) or equivalent experience
- Strong customer service skills with ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as require.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- 2 years’ experience in a business setting. Other combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Understanding of agriculture practices and challenges
- Proven experience analyzing data
- If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
- Please notify your manager before applying.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- The Hiring Manager of this position is Melissa Manning.
- This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.