Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team! This position is full-time, working out of the Hensall location. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing all yard and elevator operations to ensure that product is received and allocated to the correct area in an efficient manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Crop Intake and Yard Operators assigned to chemical, seed, and fertilizer blending and storage areas, providing daily work direction and assisting with discipline where necessary
- Plan the daily and weekly performance of receiving and inventory schedules, implementing recovery plans
- General housekeeping and ensure that all facilities are always kept clean and safe
- Assist customers with loading and unloading of product
- Staff schedule (weekly)
- Troubleshoot equipment defects and issues and report to maintenance department when necessary
- Assist with the development of crop intake storage plans and follow them to ensure incoming loads are directed properly
- Setup and calibrate all elevator equipment and machinery and instruct employees on standard operating procedures
- Co-ordinate general yard duties including snow removal, allocating staff to yard areas, and ensuring yard equipment is taken care of
- Ensure all forms and documentation are completed and forwarded as required
- Maintain and provide accurate inventory counts for storage locations monthly
- Complete monthly safety meetings
- Assist with training and daily coaching for new employees
- Maintain the storage inventory system – Binsite
- Participate in regular meetings with Operations team to determine the needs of the department and ensure storage plans and intake schedules meet production goals
- Monitor heat cables and conditioning of all storage bins
- Attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Customer relations, interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform manual labour for hours at a time
- Experience operating different equipment such as forklift or front-end loader is an asset
- Knowledge of different fertilizer and crop products and proper storage procedures
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- 5+ years of supervisory experience with 10 or more employees is required
- Post-secondary education in a related field would be considered an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience in an agricultural setting would be considered an asset
Interested in growing together? We look forward to hearing from you soon. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.