The North Peace Applied Research Association (NPARA) is a non-profit, producer-driven organization that conducts applied agricultural research and extension in the North Peace region. Furthermore, our mission is to serve farmers within the county of Northern Lights and the M.D of the Peace #135, and to meet the special needs that results from our unique climatic, geographic and soil conditions. Our organization has a strong focus on studying and promoting regenerative agricultural practices.
Location: Manning, Alberta.
- Salary: 55-65K plus health benefits, commensurate on
- Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full time 37.5
- Start date: As soon as possible (1 vacancy)
What you will do:
• Lead NPARA’s Communication Program including the monthly newsletter, website, social media, membership, and promotions
• Manage, deliver, and promote NPARA’s extension program, Environmental Farm Plans, and providing information on the Canadian Agriculture Partnership to primary producers
• Plan, advertise, execute, and report extension events, which includes booking speakers
• Report to and work closely with the manager
What you will bring:
• Practical working knowledge of agriculture and environmental best management practices in western Canada
• Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently (specifically MS Office, Adobe Products (ex. Lightroom, Acrobat Pro), Eventbrite, video editing software and Canva
• Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal, and electronic formats
• Ability to work within timelines and meet deadlines. Organized and reliable
• Motivated to excel both in a team environment and independently
• Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
• Environmental or agriculture science degree or diploma combined with experience will be given preference
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit a resume with references to Lance Ouellette (Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org