Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety and Quality Supervisor will lead a variety of food safety and quality assurance programs. In this role, you will supervise the audits and inspects processes that monitors food handling, storage and service operations to assure compliance with current food safety and quality regulatory requirements. You will lead and review the work of a team of analysts or inspectors that identify and evaluate the quality of raw materials, in process goods, procedures and operations.
- Lead and maintain quality control systems and product or process verification systems, including sampling procedures and analytical tests to ensure all products produced meet food safety quality requirements.
- Provide overall leadership, development and talent management for direct reports, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting.
- Review regulatory environment and develop response protocols in preparation for new or amended food safety legislation.
- Investigate food safety processes to ensure compliance and report noncompliance to management and governing bodies along with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Evaluate vendors or suppliers for compliance with internal standards and external regulations and suggest changes with the goal of improving processes or products.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as required
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experience in quality assurance, food safety, food manufacturing, auditing, regulatory or related field
- Meat cuts knowledge
- Previous project management experience
- Practical knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and operations.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.