Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Grower Support Rep Leader will lead a team of Grower Support Reps that will sell a portfolio of our crop protection, seed, fertilizer and agronomic services and solutions directly to farm customers within Western Canada. In this role, you will use your interpersonal skills to engage local teams that require the assistance of the Grower Support Reps during a period of transition for their customers. You will also be responsible for actively selling directly to farm customers. You will lead all aspects of sales operations activities for our Grower Support Rep team while engaging with frontline supervisors across Western Canada.
*This is a 16 month term remote position geographically located in Manitoba, Saskachewan or Alberta.*
- Lead a team responsible for maintaining relationships with retention customers that are experiencing a transition of their primary account manager.
- Evaluate market potential and sales status.
- Plan, organize and coordinate sales operations of company or organization.
- Gain in depth general industry as well as trends of local market knowledge.
- Supervise the daily Grower Support Reps sales operations activities, executing and deploying the sales plans, vision and goals.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Exceptional sales process experience
- Proven ability to connect and sell virtually with customers
- Strong crop production practices for Western Canada
- Grain marketing knowledge
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.