• Providing instruction and guidance to students enrolled in the Animal Health Technology and Veterinary Medical Assistant programs
• Developing and delivering courses, including but not limited to Pharmacology, Animal Care & Nursing, Surgery, Dentistry & Pain Management, Anesthesia & Analgesia, Animal Diseases and Student Led Clinic
• Conducting classroom, lab, and field trip sessions, as well as preparing and assessing assignments and examinations. Active participation in program and departmental meetings is also expected.
• The ideal candidate should possess a valid registration as a registered veterinarian (DVM) and have a minimum of three years of experience in the industry
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential. Familiarity with Avimark would also be an asset.
• Effective communication skills are crucial, encompassing both clinical and classroom environments. The ability to present information professionally and facilitate discussions is highly valued.
• Demonstrating a positive attitude and a willingness to embrace and promote change is valued and appreciated.
• Displaying leadership qualities, motivating others, and exhibiting a commitment to collaboration, effective goal setting and professional accountability are expected.
This is a Continuing part-time or full-time Faculty appointment on the Vermilion campus. Lakeland College offers an attractive pension, remuneration, and benefit package.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.