Our Client is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods company. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for all areas of plant performance including production (yield &throughput), inventory, quality control, maintenance, capital projects, safety and environment of the Pea Protein Plant. All operational and engineering roles report directly to the Plant Manager’s line. S/he will direct team members to ensure efficient and safe operational performance and provide leadership in communication working with the team of employees to deliver positive results in production performance, product quality, compliance to specification, operational flexibility and promoting a continuous improvement environment.
- Lead the successful execution of all activities to produce annual PPI production in support of business objectives on time, within budget and quality.
- Responsible for effectively supporting the management of production to achieve gross margin, quality, working capital, and on-time delivery goals.
- Responsible for communicating policy changes from management to others in supervision and ensure supervisors’ understanding of management philosophies, safety, product handling, equipment capabilities and customer needs.
- Work with the R&D/Engineering team, and ultimate responsibility, for implementation of PPI production process improvements/optimization, as advised and approved by management.
- Continuous process improvements to operations; minimizing cost and maximizing efficiency without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Leads the day-to-day management of the plant.
- Drive the Process Safety Management system.
- Ensure capital projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Drive food safety, innovation and continuous improvement culture in the facility.
- Maintain requisite food safety and other certifications as required for the facility.
- Manage the KPI reporting for the facility and manage its progress.
- Prepare the OPEX and CAPEX budget for the facility and oversee expenditures.
- Perform final technical review of CAPEX projects to ensure that the design achieves the scope of the project.
- Direct activities of supervisors, set priorities for day-to-day equipment maintenance, and maintain appropriate production staffing as needed to meet company goals.
- Develops a management team to ensure that the plant meets or exceeds delivery schedule, quality and cost objectives.
- Ensure policy and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by management.
- Maintain all required permits to operate the facility to the food safety/FSMA regulations of FDA/USDA/CFSA
- Has ultimate responsibility for the facility SHE Program.
- Allocates sufficient resources to ensure SHE Program is implemented, maintained and effective.
- Maintains good working knowledge of SHE policies, rules and procedures applicable to the facility and ensures all applicable requirements are adhered to.
- Ensures employees are provided the required training for the area assigned, and jobs and tasks prior to assigning work.
- Ensures facility is maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Ensures unsafe working conditions are remedied as soon as practicable.
- Ensures compliance with the Health and safety act while continuing to provide and ensure a safe and healthy working environment by maintaining a full understanding of the dynamic legislative environment.
- Creates and Drives a culture of safety
- Supervise and provide leadership for production, maintenance and safety personnel.
- Provide leadership to promote safe and efficient operations.
- Support, coach and develop employee skills.
- Assist with the performance management of employees
- Participate in mentoring and training of plant personnel
- Establish a collaborative, communicative environment including regular meetings encouraging open communications.
- Leads the team to achieve agreed upon operational goals.
- Builds and fosters a positive labor relations climate within the facility and works with the Union to resolve and reduce conflict.
The following are the basic qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Food, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent work experience. Masters degree preferred.
The following are the basic qualifications:
- 8-10 years operations managerial experience in a plant protein/dairy protein production Pea Protein Isolates facility, 5 years of which include being a unit manager.
- Experience in food safety management.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical demands)
The following are the basic qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership in a plant management role
- Able to set clear, reasonable expectations and hold staff accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and maintain a safe and effective working environment.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental regulations, personnel policy, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations regarding EEO, safety, LOTO, health and environmental management, etc.
- Knowledge necessary to accomplish the safe and timely start-up of a Pea Protein Isolates/Pea Processing facility.
- Ability to effectively lead Production, Maintenance, Laboratory, Utility, Environmental, Health and Safety Managers and Team Leaders by exhibiting high ethical standards, engendering trust and empowering subordinates.
- Project development and management experience.
- Working knowledge of budgets, process reports, and other financial statements.
- Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as web-based applications.
The following are the preferred qualifications:
- Reliability-centred Maintenance training and experience is highly desirable.
- Six Sigma, lean manufacturing and / or knowledge in other continuous improvement tool is highly desirable
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including extended health care and dental coverage, employee and family assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan with Employer contributions and matching
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid statutory holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
- We are driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We encourage diversity and support local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
- We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
Please, inquire by email. This is a private search.