In the Production Technician role, you will be deeply integrated with our safety culture that values recognition and continuous improvement. You will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the year, which gives you exposure to, and knowledge of, many areas of our business. You will join a team that provides a strong training program and foundation to advance your career in a variety of areas including Agronomy, Operations Management/Leadership, and more!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Work and interact directly with canola seed growers in the summer
- Perform responsibilities associated with general plant operations from receiving seed to shipping packaged seed at the Lethbridge Plant
- Operation of various types of plant equipment such as sizing, gravity operation, spiral separators, seed treatment applicators, packaging equipment
- Conditioning activities such as cleaning and sizing, treating and packaging, palletizing, wrapping and sampling
- Could involve process orders, tag printing, grading, data entry and documentation of government records
- Shipping/receiving, interplant movement, rework, warehousing, and inventory management of bagged and bulk seed, including the safe operation of forklifts
- Harvest activities from receiving to storage
- Compliance with Work Instructions and Quality Plan requirements
- Repair and maintenance on plant equipment as required
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in a production, manufacturing, or related.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas, standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work overtime hours including weekends and shift work required during seasonal
- Repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet, dry, and dusty conditions
- Competent computer skills
- Organization Skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, reliability, work accuracy, and timeliness
The following are preferred:
- Post-secondary education related to agriculture or related field of study
- Experience in light industrial, manufacturing, field production/farming, seed cleaning and handling, or warehouse
- Knowledge of farming, production agriculture and production plant operations
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!