Duties for the incumbent under the direction of the research scientist will include the following:
• Conduct experiments related to remote sensing and plant physiology.
• Collect, prepare, and analyze samples in support of ongoing research projects.
• Collect, analyze and interpret ground and aerial based imaging data.
• Adapt protocols for measurements to address research questions.
• Develop and implement software pipelines and tools.
• Participate in the design and implementation of research experiments by advising on the effective use equipment and assisting in the interpretation of research data and record-keeping.
• Liaise with AAFC staff, service and sales representatives when research analyses are out-sourced, to ensure accuracy and consistency of results.
• Assist in the coordination of summer students and graduate student activities.