Chicken Farmers of Ontario’s (CFO) staff-associates are critical to CFO’s success in providing high quality, high impact solutions to Ontario’s chicken industry value chain stakeholders and Ontario consumers.
The Ontario chicken industry is one of the most successful supply managed industries in the country and accounts for over $3.8 billion in overall economic activity in the province.
CFO has a long-standing strategy of rewarding talent and experience which has been designed to attract, retain, and motivate high performers and strategic thinkers. At CFO, staff-associates work collaboratively in a modern ‘employer of choice’ environment enjoying competitive wages and benefits while immersed in a sustainable culture that stimulates leadership, accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation. CFO’s business operations are enabled by information systems and technology.
CFO is leading positive change and building value as Canada’s premier provider of trusted, family-farmed, safe high-quality chicken. Representing over 1,300 family farmers in the province, CFO is responsible for a growing, profitable, and sustainable chicken industry.
CFO Analyst role is responsible for supporting the effective delivery and evolution of the Live Price and Volume Allocation, for chicken. The role is also responsible for supporting other related strategic initiatives aimed at driving the sustainability and evolution of the supply management system.
This position requires a results-oriented individual with a deep understanding of economics and analytical approaches relevant to pricing, volume setting in supply management, and performance metrics reporting.
In this role, the candidate must be proactive in providing analysis and assessment of options for advancing: volume growth through allocation setting at the national level; live prices through an established pricing system at the provincial level; and, industry performance through measuring and reporting.
- Volume Allocation / Production Planning
- Conduct economic analysis in support of volume setting and driving volume growth
- Collect and maintain relevant data sets
- Support consultations with industry stakeholders
- Support the development of CFO’s recommendation to the national body on all matters related to volume setting
- Report industry performance metrics Support communication in Ontario and nationally
- Computation of live price in accordance with regulation, including maintenance and validation of data sets
- Contribute to the annual pricing update and support negotiations with analysis leading to recommendations.
- Support and build pricing for evolving product segments
- Acquire relevant data and information to inform pricing development
- Support communication in Ontario and nationally
- Thought Leadership & Communication – Economics
- Support the development of communications materials related to economics
- Develop presentations to farmer and industry audiences in Ontario and nationally
- Assist in developing whitepapers and like material to provide thought leadership
- Strategic Initiatives
- As appropriate, provide support to strategic initiatives aimed at evolving the sector – those relating to volume and pricing or other economic-related items
- Relationship Development
- Cultivate relationships with industry and provincial stakeholders, as well as with experts in related fields
- Digital Evolution
- Support CFO’s digital evolution related to economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- 5-7 years of financial analysis experience, agriculture an asset
- Experience preparing and delivering business communications
- Experience turning data into insights that can be communicated with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and long-term strategic thinking.
Technical Skills and Desired Competencies
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office 365
- Expert user of analytical tools including Microsoft Excel Strong analytical, and data management skills
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system an asset
- Ability to pull together complex ideas, issues and observations into a clear communication or presentation strategy
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and in writing
- Ensures professionalism, confidentiality; conducts self with diplomacy and tact
- Able to exercise good judgment, trouble shoot, problem solve, show initiative and be proactive in providing solutions
- Results orientation, works well under pressure, adaptable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet stringent timelines
- Intellectual curiosity and attention to detail.
CFO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CFO, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, reflecting our industry and the communities where we live and work. We work together, unified by our respect for each other, CFO values, and the pursuit of our business strategy. Diversity at CFO is understanding, recognizing, and valuing the differences that make each person unique.
Want to learn more about Chicken Farmers of Ontario? Visit ontariochicken.ca today!