Livestock Research Technologist ID 1131 – Lakeland College -Vermilion, AB
Livestock Research Associate ID 1132 – Lakeland College- Vermillion, AB.
Quality Control Assistant – Johnson Seeds Arborg, MB, 1.5 h from Winnipeg
S.S. Johnson Seeds Ltd. is a family owned business in Arborg Manitoba, specializing in processing human consumption flax. Quality service and products are the foundation of Johnson Seeds Ltd. As a company we are committed to continually improve and grow. We are looking for a fulltime permanent Quality Control Assistant to join our team. We offer competitive wages and a benefit package.
The essential functions of the Quality Control Assistant are to:
- Assist the Quality Control Coordinator with accurate record keeping of packaging sheets, metal detection and tag printing.
- Assist with the daily operations such as the sampling and packaging of seed (toting/bagging), loading containers, and warehouse associate duties in the elevator as required.
- Perform daily housekeeping activities. These may include but are not limited to sweeping, grain bin pad cleanliness, equipment cleaning, major cleaning activities within the facility, organizing etc. as per the cleaning schedule.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the operational procedures for the duties assigned, understanding that improper procedures can affect the quality of the product produced.
- Ensuring daily document checks are completed thoroughly and accurately. So that out ofcompliance issues are brought to the attention of the Quality Control Coordinator.
- Maintaining records of inventory usage of non-grain supplies in the warehouse and assisting thePresident / Quality Control Coordinator in creating plans to manage this supply inventory.Academic / Educational Requirements:
• High School Diploma / G.E.D. Required Skills / Experience:
- Attention to detail when maintaining the required level of plant cleanliness and in maintaining the proper records as required by the FS-QMS Manual
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to work independently when required
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Able to gain a full understanding of the FS-QMS Manual as it pertains to plant operations.
- Valid driver license (Class 5).Only people that are legally able to work in Canada are eligible
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, we thank everyone for their interest. However only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter to Linda Cherepak, CPA,CMA at email@example.com